Buy one of these for a chance to buy a Clem out of our late 2021 batch, which should be here mid to late October. We'll sell the tickets today at 1pm Pacific (Wednesday the 6th) through Friday the 15th or until we sell 200 of each variation, whichever one comes first.
Important: this isn't a raffle for a Clem, it's a lottery to randomize who gets to buy a Clem which have been selling out super fast, too fast, for the past year. This way people who are interested don't have to constantly refresh pages or furiously type in their credit card numbers. We're hoping it's a little more relaxing this way.
Once we close the ticket sales, we'll put everybody's order number in a hat, and then pick them out randomly until we're sold out of bikes. Once we've notified that you've won, you'll have 24 hours to pay before we move on and pick another name out of the hat. If you don't win, we'll refund you the price of the ticket or credit your account.
One entry per person for each variation - for example, if you want a blue but would accept a green, you're welcome to get two tickets. What isn't allowed, however, is buying multiple tickets for the same frame variation. One bike per person, please. If you have multiple people in your household who want a bike, have them make an account and buy a ticket as well.
This system depends somewhat on trust - please don't have family members or friends buy lotto tickets for what will be your bike. If we find out that's happening your lotto ticket won't be included in the pool.
Clem Smith Jr. Completes
Here's what's coming on the complete bikes this time around - changes from the last batch are in bold:
- FSA Duron Headset
- Shimano 118mm Cartridge BB
- Rivendell Silver 38/24t Crank w/ chainguard for 45cm and 52cm and Silver 34/24 for 59cm and 64cm
- Tektro 837AL V-Brakes
- Tektro RS360 Levers
- Alex DM24 Rim / Novatech Hubs
- Kenda K-1129 Kwick Journey 45mm Tires (sturdy, puncture resistant, reflective stripe)
- Shimano Deore rear and front derailer
- 11-34 cassette
- A Microshift thumbie for the FD and an Acera trigger for the rear
- Nitto Tallux Stem - 80mm for the smaller sizes, 110mm for the bigger two.
- Our world famous Tosco handlebars, 55cm for the 45 and 52cm frames, 60cm for the two bigger sizes
- Kalloy Seatpost — 26.8mm for 45cm and 52cm and 29.8mm for 59cm and 64cm
The price of Clem completes is going up - It's now $2000 + $50 that we'll donate to a charity of our choice. The completes are still $500 less than getting a stock build on a Clem frame.
There are no frequently asked questions, because this is the first time we've done this. If you have a question, give us a call at 800-345-3918. We fully expect issues and hiccups, but we had lots of those with the old way of selling bikes too. This way at least, the people who aren't as quick to checkout still have a fair shot.