The Grip King is a pedal we designed and MKS (Japan's best pedal maker) agreed to build. It's not our exclusive, just our design. As a reasonable prediction, though, it's unlikely to show up in your local bike shop amid the carbon bikes and lollipop pedals.
The Grip King is designed to be the ultimate-best pedal for riding without toe clips or clicks, and in any shoes from beach thongs to Micky Mouse boots. At least one customer loves it with PowerGrips, so you can do that if you like. We ride ours raw.
Here's why it's so good:
1. Huge surface area, so the load is distributed evenly and lightly over a wider area than it is with almost any other pedal.
2. Super duper grip, related to the surface area and the surface itself.
3. Excellent cornering clearance, because the pedal body doesn't stick out.
4. Light; because it is aluminum.
5. Built-in reflectors, because we know you won't put them on yourself, and at some point you'll find yourself riding in the dark with no lights or any supplementary reflectors. You can remove these if you like, but you still won't look like a pro, so you might as well leave them there.
6. Easily serviceable ball bearing design. They use standard .125" ball bearings.
Grip Kings aren't ten-times better than our other pedals, but the differences and refinements are truly upgrades, although technically hairsplitting ones. If you can spend this much for pedals (in this age of $150 to $350 ones), and you're committed to pedaling without any connection, then go for these. They feel just fantastic under your feet---like nubby, grippy frying pans. (not the hot kind).
If you're just curious about pedaling "free" like this and/or you want something cheaper, go for our MKS Sneaker pedals. It is still our Best Deal Pedal. Not e'en the Grip King will knock it off that exalted throne. Still, the GK is a killer deal.
Sold per pair.
MKS official name: Lambda.
Get'm even grippier with these DIY pedal spikes.
lo-fi pedal comparison video