Musa Cycling Baggies - Ranger Green
These are similar to on our old knickers, but with a few changes that we consider improvements, and some of you will not. The thing is, we aren’t a clothing company with a staff of pros, a team for pockets, a team for waist, a team for inseam or whatever else. We hire out for help with the patterns and markers. What we are is conscientious, honest, and experienced with the garments we offer, so you can trust what we say.
They’re sewn 17 miles from us by a sewing shop we’ve seen and it seems like a pleasant, light, open, clean space.
Smalls have a 29" relaxed waist ( 29 to 32 waist )
Mediums have a 32" relaxed waist ( 32 to 35 waist )
Larges have a 35" relaxed waist ( 35 to 38 waist )
XLs have a 38" relaxed waist ( 38 to 42 waist )
• MUSA military fabric, slight stretch, Berry-compliant (google it). Instead of the all-nylon, they’re like 96-4 nylon and spandex. I know this veers off our tweed-and-orgo cotton vibe-theme, but these are better for riding.
• The belt-elastic is also Berry/Military spec. The best in the world, or at least the country. It doesn’t have to be, but it really is. It’s not stitched in, so it’s what we here call “theoretically replaceable.” You can get your own ¾-inch elastic and buckle. They won’t wear out, anyway.
• Mesh on the inside of the pockets for good water drainage.
• No buttons on the rear pockets. I never used mine, so I made this unilateral call. I doubt there’s a person in the world who’d put a wallet back there and take the time and develop the dexterity to button it, so we have button-free pockets.
• No adjustable bottom-of-leg straps. I always felt my floppy straps as I pedaled, so out the window they unilaterally went.
WAIST: The CUT is the same as before, but there’s less gathering of elastic, so it feels looser. Basically, they’re more vanity-waisted now. If you have our old ones you can get the same size or one size down.
BUTT-‘n-THIGHS: Big & baggy. Ahhh...
LEG LENGTH: They’re either short long-pants or long knickers. At full length, they’re closer to your ankle than your calf. That's why we're calling them baggies...but they're still knickerish.
Big-calved people can hike the hem up above the calf and they'll stay. Medium or small-calvers, just roll up a 2-3-4 fold cuff until they're the height you want, and they'll stay. The bottom is tapered, so the snug happens soon and they stay quite well.
And YET: They're short enough to clear most chainrings. I/Grant have a 74 saddle height and they clear a 42t ring with inches to spare.
These are more “covering” than classically flattering. They're the most comfortable pants-type things we sell, especially if you've got thick thighs .They work with all thigh thicknesses, though.
Small - 23" (58.4cm)
Medium - 24" (61cm)
Large - 25" (63.5cm)
XL - 26" (66cm)