Light - Rechargeable battery - Cygolite Metro 800 USB rechargeable
Cygolite Metro Plus 800 USB. Historical note: It was introduced in April, 2019, so that must mean they're about to change it unnecessarily. Get it now.
A fantastic mini bike light, unique* features, super incredible value, and Made in the USA. This 800 lumen light is brighter than you need.
Here's a fair assessment of lighting needs, in lumens:
200: In town with cars and street lights. It's not even marginal, it's PLENTY.
350: Unlit familiar roads or trails at speeds under 20mph.
800: Faster than 21 mph in the pitch dark on unfamiliar roads.
But to sell lights to riders who are techies and have an unhealthy fear of buying the light that doesn't get FIVE STARS with over a thousand reviews, light makers have to pack lights with features that tend to complicate use. There's no way around this. Nobody will make a light that's simply ON, LOW, HIGH, OFF.
It's the best light of its kind in the solar system. Tiny, powerful, rechargeable, long lasting, and mounts easier anywhere than any light ever made. George Cygolite is a %#@$! genius.
If you're smart you'll have several. At least one bike should have two (one a fully-charged backup, or as a giveaway to a poor cyclist commuting home at night without a light. Make sure you give him or her the USB cord, too. It comes with it.)
Like all such lights except the German ones, it has too many modes. Oh well...it's still super.
Get another handlebar mount for your other bike here.
Only 4" long (103 mm).
Modes and Run Times
-- High: 1.5 hours
-- Med: 3 hours
-- Low: 6.5 hours
-- Zoom: 3.5 hours
-- *SteadyPulse (nightblink): 3.5 hours
-- DayLighting: 12 hours
-- TripleFlash: 18 hours**
-- Walking: 110 hours
-- Boost (MAX setting = 800 lumens!): 1 hour
Charge Time: 5 hours.
** Use this setting sparingly, if at all. Remember pedestrians and fellow cyclists on car-free paths and trails. Rapidly flashing lights are disorienting to anyone on the "receiving" end of them, and they don't help you see.
Lithium-ion battery powered, good for at least 500 charging cycles.
System Weight 140g---about 4oz.
USB to micro-USB charging cord included.
- 800 lumen headlight with nine *&#$% lighting modes engineered for use on mountains, roads, and commuting. Should be ON, OFF, HIGH, LOW.
- Built-in Enhanced Cycling Optics™ expands your field of vision with an extra wide and long range beam compared to typical lighting optics
- Rugged, water resistant design only weighs 140 grams
- USB rechargeable internal battery lasts up to 110 hours
- Built-in 24/7 Safety Technology® gives you a powerful selection of 9 night and day modes
- SteadyPulse® mode alerts motorists with attention grabbing pulses while its overlapping steady beam constantly lights your way at night
- DayLightning® mode emits lightning-like flashes to highlight your presence in the brightest of daytime hours
- Headlight side light ports further highlight your presence
- Low battery indicator alerts you when a charge is needed
- Light mode memory saves the mode you`re in before the light is turned off
- Power lockout prevents accidental light activation
- Locktite™ quick release handlebar mount keeps the light securely fastened to the handlebar
- Astoundingly, this and all Cygolite lights are esigned, engineered, and assembled in the USA since 1991.
Contact Cygolite for any warranty questions or concerns. If they cut you down, we'll come to the rescue, but go to them first, because we're not ye olde lighte technicians.
Register your Cygolite here.