They're more affordable only because most of the joints are tig-welded instead of lugged. Tigs cut the construction time for each frame down by a lot so the price gets lower. It's a perfectly strong way to make a bicycle, although not as pretty to look at as lugs.
Clems still have a strong wide fork crown, napkin-ring reinforcement lugs at the headtube, and a beautiful well-designed seatlug, so it looks far from a generic bike.
These are made by the same people who make the more expensive frames and with the same materials even.
FRAME SIZES/WHEEL SIZES:
- 45cm / 650b / 27.5 inch new mountain bikey size wheels.
- 52cm / 650b / 27.5-inch new mountain bikey size wheels.
- 59cm / 700c rim size, but with room for "29er" tires
- 64cm / 700c rim size, but with room for "29er" tires
Seatpost Dimensions — 26.8mm for 45cm and 52cm and 29.8mm for 59cm and 64cm
45cm - 68 to 81cm
52cm - 74 to 88cm
59cm - 86 to 96cm
64cm - 93 to 101cm
Pick the frame size that your PBH falls most in the middle of the range.
Please include one of these supplementary products with your order so we know your plans for the frame.
A la carte builds available — please give us a call for more info at (800) 345-391
Shipping Bikes and Frames
- Frames Shipping: $87 +/- to lower 48 states.
- Bike Shipping: $175 +/- to lower 48
- International is more complicated - call or email
We'll adjust the final shipping charge when the frame/bike actually ships.
You can always arrange to pick up your bike here in Walnut Creek, California. California pickups and deliveries pay California sales tax.
- If you want to use cantis, buy cable hangers too. If you selected that you'd like your frame prepped we'll install them.
- Call (800) 345 3918 or (925) 933 7304
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Saturdays 10am-4pm