STYLE L (low top tube), formerly known as Girl’s bike.
They're more affordable only because most of the joints are tig-welded instead of lugged. Tigs cut the construction time for each frame down by a lot so the price gets lower. It's a perfectly strong way to make a bicycle, although not as pretty to look at as lugs.
Clems still have a strong wide fork crown, napkin-ring reinforcement lugs at the headtube, and a beautiful well-designed seatlug, so it looks far from a generic bike.
These are made by the same people who make the more expensive frames and with the same materials even.
FRAME SIZES/WHEEL SIZES:
- 45cm / 26-inch traditional mountain bikey size wheels. Typical rider height: 5-0 to 5-5
- 52cm / 27.5-inch new mountain bikey size wheels. Typical rider height: 5-5 to 5-11
- 59cm / 700c tradition Road rim size, but with room for "29er" tires
Seatpost Dimensions — 26.8mm for 45cm and 52cm and 29.8mm for 59cm and 64cm
45cm - 68 to 81cm
52cm - 74 to 88cm
59cm - 86 to 96cm
64cm - 93 to 101cm
Pick the frame size that your PBH falls most in the middle of the range. For instance: I (Will) have a 96cm PBH, so I could ride the 59cm, but I'm getting a 64cm because I won't be topping out the size range.
The frame includes a 1" FSA headset, square taper bb, and seatpost
if you want the frame prepped (alignment, headset installation/adjustment, framesaver, etc.) that is 100$. Indicate that in the notes and we will invoice you.
A la carte builds available — please give us a call for more info at (800) 345-391
Shipping Bikes and Frames
- Frames Shipping: $87 +/- to lower 48 states.
- Bike Shipping: $175 +/- to lower 48
- International is more complicated - call or email
We'll adjust the final shipping charge when the frame/bike actually ships.
You can always arrange to pick up your bike here in Walnut Creek, California. California pickups and deliveries pay California sales tax.
- If you will use Cantis, be sure to purchase cable hangars (not included)
- Call (800) 345 3918 or (925) 933 7304
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Saturdays 10am-4pm
- Email to email@example.com with subject: "Clem build" and one of us will get back to you with more info and estimates.