Frame - Appaloosa
August 2018 - JUST A FEW LEFT. Last chance till 2020.
Our Joe Appaloosa is half-Sam Hillborne, half-Hunqapillar that’s bullseyed for loaded road touring. Once you can do that with a bike you can do a whole lot underneath it, too: Commute, day ride, shop, explore fire trails. The Joe is our most all-around bike.
Building an Appaloosa into a Complete Bike
A good, standard, tough build adds around $1300-1600 to your frameset, but varies quite a bit depending on the particular parts. Have a look around our site for articles and information about the types of parts that work well on our frames.
We charge $250 to assemble your bikes. Racks, fenders & lights add a little more.
- 26" wheels in size 46cm
- 650b wheels in size 51cm
- 700c wheels in sizes 55cm and up
- Cantilever or Linear Pull (V) brakes
- 26.8mm seat post
- 135mm rear spacing
- 1" threaded fork - headset included
- If you will use Cantis, be sure to purchase cable hangars (not included)
Call us if you have any questions!
Shipping Bikes and Frames
- Frames Shipping: $87 +/- to lower 48 states.
- Bike Shipping: $175 +/- to lower 48
- International is more complicated - call or email
We'll adjust the final shipping charge when the frame/bike actually ships.
You can always arrange to pick up your bike here in Walnut Creek, California. California pickups and deliveries pay California sales tax.
- Call (800) 345 3918 or (925) 933 7304
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Saturdays 10am-4pm
- Email to email@example.com with subject: "Appaloosa build" and one of us will get back to you with more info and estimates.