I finally built up my Platypus frame after taking forever to build the wheels. Rich would have had them done in a day but I never got around to it until this past weekend.
I was able to buy some fancy parts for this one because I took so long to build it. I bought all the remaining pieces from Riv yesterday but I've been accumulating parts for this bike since we got them last Spring. Here's what's on it:
- Silver cranks with a 40/30 TA ring combo
- A XT rapid rise mid cage derailer
- A Campy Mirage front derailer
- A IRD loose ball bottom bracket
- A XT 11-34 9 speed cassette (they still make them!)
- A White Industries MI5 rear hub, Son Widebody front, laced to Velocity Quills
- Rene Herse Oracle Ridge Tires
- Crust Juan Martin Bars - 75cm wide
- A 110mm Fillet Faceplater stem
- A Schmidt upside down Edelux II
- A Sunrace thumbie mounted on the stem for the front derailer, and a Silver shifter for the rear
- A Brooks B17 Special with TI rails
- A Mark's Rack with a black basket
- Paul Love Levers
- A Suntour XC seatpost - a gift from a friend. Thanks Brandon!
- Mavic skewers - a gift from Rich. Thanks Rich!
- Some Blue Lug Ourys - they have the best colors.
- Some Blue Lug brass headset spacers
I love it of course - I've only ridden it around Riv a couple times but I can tell it's going to be good.