Roman here! For quite some time, Will's Roadini had me wanting one for myself and I knew the time had come when I saw the tube sample for the Sergio Green. I've been slowly collecting the parts for this bike over the last several months and was quick to build mine up in my free time after they arrived last week.
I couldn't be happier with how it all came together -- it rides like a dream. The Shimagnolo x RapidRise shifting is smooth and I am really impressed with the downshifting (thanks RapidRise!). I also like that on both brifters, upshifts are on the paddles and downshifts on the thumb levers. I've also been enjoying the more "ergo" hand positions on the flats that the shifter cable routing creates - comfy!
Check out this old CX Mag article if you're curious to duplicate this 9 speed Shimagnolo setup (plus some other options too); AND Ronnie recently posted a fun video in praise of Shimagnolo as well -- it's worth-a-watch.
- Nitto x Crust Shaka Bars - 54cm
- *Blue Lug* Cotton Cloth Tape in Natural (thanks Will!)
- Nitto Technomic Deluxe Stem - 8cm
- Campy Centaur 10spd Brifters
- XTR RapidRise 9spd Mid-cage Rear Der
- Campy Mirage 9spd Front Der
- Easton EA90 46tx30 170mm Cranks
- 11-34 Shimano 9spd Cassette
- Tektro R559s - they brake like a dream.
- Brooks Professional x Nitto Crystal Fellow
- Challenge GravelGrinder 700x38mm (measure closer to 36mm)
- Mavic Open Pro (SUP) x World Class Rear/Suntour Front